Location: The Beach!
Location: Coquina Yacht Club
Location: Oriental Marina & Inn
Location: Albemarle Sound
We sail from Marblehead to Kettle Cove drop the hook and spend the weekend enjoying summer. Margarita time with plenty of swimming, grilling and soaking up some of the last rays of summer sun.
Kettle Cove is located in Magnolia of Gloucester MA is usually used by powerboats during the summer months on the weekends. A good meeting destination with decent protection from all but a direct easterly. Overnight anchoring is permitted but there is little to no shore access since all the beaches are privately owned, there is a sandbar however that remains mostly covered by a foot or so of water at hight tide. When anchoring we pick a spot close to the mouth because of our 6 foot draft in about 10 feet of water, we never did see another single sailboat. This is most likely due to the tricky entrance with multiple rocks on each side of the slue of the way in and out but with a fresh version of sonar charts it should be navigable.
FollowEscape.com/Tracker for live updates
Season 1 Episode 3
Filmed with: GoPro Hero3, GoPro Hero3+, GoPro Hero4, Canon 70D, iPhone 6 Plus
Timelapse with: iPhone 6 Plus and Hyperlapse 1080p, GoPro or 70D photo interval of 5s wifi
Boat: 1981 C&C 36 continuing refit and recondition project
Navigation: Current suite from Raymarine including A97 sonar/depth & temperature transducer, paddle speed transducer, ev-100 wheel autopilot
– Navionics Field Specialist running latest Navionics Platinum+ Cartography, Navionics+ for current updates.
– Navionics iPhone App for wifi updates of the latests charts to the Raymarine a97 and easily transferring routes and waypoints
– RayView Android app on dedicated Droid 4 with 1080p video out to 40″ LG LED TV for viewing navigation information in the salon from the a97 via wifi
– RayControl Android App on dedicated Samsung Galaxy Note 2 for controlling the a97 via wifi while in the salon
– 2015 27″ 5k iMac running Polar View with USB GPS and NOAA ENC (vector) and Raster Charts from Maine to South America with Active Captain Database and weather GRIB files
– iPhone AquaMap app for active captain database access
– Skipper Bobs ICW Anchorages
– Paper Cruising Guides from Maine to the Bahamas
Location: Intercostal Waterway
Location: Solomons, Maryland